Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Card Making for Beginners

Pin It
So what did you all think of the cards yesterday? 
Did you try any for yourself?
Give it a go. Invite your best girlfriend over and while you visit throw together a couple of cards. You will be surprised at how quickly they go together.
Here are some I threw together while visiting with my sweet friend.
With boys are birthdays tend to get a bit "Wild and Crazy".
I thought these rub on monkeys would be great. They are from a zoo set but hey, this works too.
Just add a touch of ribbon for some texture and you are done.
I picked up a small pad of quotes and sayings for all occassions. One tip my sweet mother in law gave me was that any quote can be turned into a saying on a card. It was simple to just round the edges of some scraps of paper, add a ribbon and finish it all off with one of the sticker quotes. A note just to shay 'hey'.
She had also picked up some of this paper from the dollar store. I think it may have even been discounted- she IS one of the most frugal ladies I know after all!
I used my 3.5 inch scalloped punch and a smaller punch to make the sunflower then added a gem to the center. Simple but I think it is just right for a "just because" kind of note.
BTW: I purchased my large punch with a 50% coupon as a "splurge" to make Christmas tags but it has been handy and ooh, so fun for many other projects too. Go ahead "splurge" on one for yourself. You will love it.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails