Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gardening lessons....

Pin It

 There's peas and lettuce growing....slowly...I planted them several weeks ago....
I spy.....well....uhmm. Dirt? Yeah, there are suppose to be beats, bean, and carrots peaking through...... 
Learning to Garden in new soil lends itself to a certain learning curve. I have been watching my precious seeds for signs of life. They are coming albeit slowly. We added compost to the garden last year and again this year. Wondering what was going on I started my search. I found this great site "In the Garden Online". I wanted to pin it but you have to have an image. They have tables on seed germination. This is a sample of those tables. I wanted to keep track of it so here it is with the link so you can find it too. Seed Germination time...



Crop Germination Time
Basil 7 to 10 days
Bean 7 to 14 days
Beet 10 to 14 days
Broccoli 7 to 10 days
Brussels Sprout 7 to 10 days
Cabbage 10 to 14 days
Cantaloupe 5 to 7 days
Carrot 10 to 14 days
Catnip 7 to 14 days
Cauliflower 5 to 7 days
Chervil 14 to 28 days
Corn 5 to 7 days
Cucumber 7 to 14 days
Dill 10 to 21 days
Eggplant 7 to 10 days
Fennel 10 to 21 days
German Chamomile 10 to 15 days
Lettuce 4 to 6 days
Mint 12 to 15 days
Parsley 21 to 28 days
Pea 7 to 10 days
Pepper 7 to 10 days
Pumpkin 7 to 10 days
Radish 3 to 5 days
Spinach 7 to 21 days
Squash, Winter 7 to 10 days
Tomato 7 to 14 days
Watermelon 5 to 7 days
Of course my strawberries are doing beautifully. I have berries already turning. These are the everbearing....I hope my June bearing plants take off this year...


 Happy Gardening!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails