Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yummy in my Tummy wordart freebie

Pin It
You must know that in a house of all boys food is a high priority. It seems the kitchen never closes and someone thinks it is time for a meal or at least a snack constantly. My 5 year old is the worst at this. He is always "starvin'". Crazy boy, he will be back to the cupboard after a bowel of cereal or some other snack less than 2 hours after a nice meal. I can't complain however, they are not generally picky eaters. Being a farm girl at heart my boys know just where their food comes from. They help plant, sow and weed the garden. They help to cook and clean just as much as mom. No free pass for being a boy~ NO WAY! 
In fact, my 13 year old is becoming quite the cook himself. He makes one mean cheesecake, from scratch no less. Yeah, I know you are all jealous of that. hehehe. Helping grow the food they eat teaches them to enjoy it more. When my oldest 2 were little and frowned at their vegi's I simply reminded them about how they helped to pick and bottle them. Suddenly their plate of green beans took on a whole new look. Somehow, the beans looked yummy after they remembered how they worked hard to have those green beans to eat through the winter. There are still a few vegi's they just don't like but mom doesn't mind at all. If they don't want brussel sprouts, well, we will just have broccoli instead.
Laced throughout the pictures of my little ones are numerous photos of them eating. Sometimes what they should and others, well, they are boys after all.  This popular phrase by Winnie the Pooh fits right in with my little guys.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Many thanks:) My sweet toothed 39 year old son who sleeps over 3 nights a week has discovered where I hide goodies in reserve. I followed the crumb trail back to his room where his waste bin gave me more proof - empty wrappers LOL I see a scrap-page in the making using this word-art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys are notorious for sneaking snacks downstairs. You'd think the meal I fed them last week would be enough. ;-P BOYS! Gotta love 'em.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the word art. Nothing beats fresh vegetables especially when you can have those yummy summer vegetables in the middle of winter. Just put up a case of fresh corn and working on several kinds of peas and beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I am right there with you Lisa. The boys fussed over picking beans this week. I threatened to feed them unsweetened oatmeal for a week. Just a hint of what it will be like without the vegi's...they pitched right in after that. hehehe. Happy canning!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails