My neighbors had these headboards out for the trash for a couple of days. I tried to resist the urge but just couldn't. One sunny afternoon I found myself trudging back with these in hand...as well as a pallet. ehehehe.
The sat out for a couple of weeks but this last week Kaylyn and I finally made it to this little project.
Turning the headboards into a bench. I was a bit worried with the long spindles. I wasn't sure how the sides would look. After about an hour and a few dollars we managed to turn those headboards into something grand.
I love that we went with the slotted seat rather than a solid one.
And LOOK Jeff, Kaylyn is even using power tools!!!
Yep! It passes the little boy test.
Now Kaylyn plans to paint it a barn red. It will match her pallet patio furniture that we made.....hmmm come to think of it, I don't think I ever posted about those. Maybe I will do that next week. ;-)!