Friday, August 10, 2012

Sock Monkey Cards

Pin It
This year I have been trying to recognize each family members birthday. Living further away has made it harder to celebrate with them. We usually just mail a bit of money but it's the thought that counts right. Beside, with FB, texting and email, snail mail it getting obsolete but who doesn't still love getting a special something in the mailbox? 
My brother-in-law and father-in-law share the same birthday. In trying to scour our brain with ideas for these two gentlemen my dear hubby could only offer one suggestion: Sock Monkey.
It's kinda silly yes, but then again, it is a perfect fit for them. Would you believe that sock monkey accessories are a bit hard to find though. Thank you Hobby Lobby!! They have the best paper craft supply!
Here is dad's.
Here is Mike's...
I think I actually like Mike's the best. You know the feeling when you struggle and struggle and then VOILA!! Everything falls into place and you stand back and go~ PERFECT!
Yep, that was me. I love them. The monkey stickers were the only thing I didn't already have. Plus, I was able to use up a bit of my scraps with these two cuties. I had made a burlap banner and was cleaning up one day. As I tossed the scraps into the trash I thought WAIT!! That might....hmmm I wonder....yeah, I bet that would look great on a card. Add a bit of cute without being girly~ this is after all 4growingboys.
Wouldn't you know! It worked. Gotta love when that happens!
Happy Birthday Guys!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails