Monday, February 10, 2014

A Jayne Cobb hat for a Sci-Fi Fan

Pin It
Project 7 of 52
So a while back my sweet hubby greeted me at this door like a kid begging for ice cream. He is a fan of the show Firefly. On it is a character named Jayne Cobb. He apparently wore this home knit hat that my sweetheart decided he wanted to wear to the next Comic-con. 
 Scene from "Firefly" (TV)
He begged me to make him one. He had even found a couple of patterns I could use (yep, he was begging). He knows how busy I am so he was ready to pull out all the stops.  Lucky for him, his wife is crafty and loves him enough to spoil him. Unlucky for him, I don't know how to knit. I tried but uhm, no, it wasn't happening. We found some crochet patterns but I liked the knit look better, I just couldn't get the hang of it fast enough. Still, the crochet pattern turned out great. I actually used 2 different patterns. The first I didn't like the earflaps on and the second I didn't like the crown portion. Here is the result...
 He was like a kid at Christmas.
 He loved it.
 Even the twisty earflaps. He said it was perfect.
Glad you like it dear.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails