Thursday, February 13, 2014

The 52 Week $ Challenge

Pin It
You know how some years are spendy and then you have some where you save?! We have had a couple of spendy years so one of our goals this year is to pay of debt and build our savings. There are lots of ideas on how to do this, we are doing Dave Ramseys debt snowball but also this idea.
I found this on Pinterest. The idea is each week you add money to the jar. $1 for week 1, $2 for week 2, $3 for week 3 etc. By the end of the year you will have over $1300 in savings. It could get tricky come next November and December but we are committed to the challenge. Think of how good it will be to have that in savings!
 I quickly learned that I needed a way to keep track of the weeks and if my hubby had put in the weeks savings yet or not. I simply printed the plan off, put the Sunday dates by each week then put it and a pen in the jar. I keep this on our bathroom sink so we see it all the time. We are several weeks into this challenge and still going strong. I get psyched to see the dollars building up in the jar.

Here is the original pin if you want to give it a go too. The great thing about this challenge is you can start anytime, just go for 52 weeks from when you start. And don't forget to add the dates so you can keep track. 52 week money challenge
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I have tried this, it's a great idea. I switched it up a bit and put some of the bigger amounts in as it was best fit for the weeks expense. Made it easier to keep going!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails