Monday, January 26, 2015

Never give up- Free wordart

Pin It
It's a beautiful sunny Sunday. I thought it would be a great day to sit down and design a bit. I am hoping to get back to my blog. It's fun for me to look for a project but end up getting lost in memory lane. My projects have become a bookmark of what was going on with me and our family at the time. I am also hoping that a little digital wordart designing will help drive me back to my scrapbooking. So many other things have gotten in the way over the last couple of years that I am falling impossibly behind. Once upon a time I kept up on the memory books rather well. Reflecting back, I realized it was when I spent my Sundays scrapbooking. I want that again. So here is the first of (hopefully) many more wordarts. 

Last year I broke down and bought a new paper planner. I am such a list maker I fell in love with it. Each week allows for thoughts and inspiration to be jotted down. I find great thoughts and write a theme of sorts for the week. I've tried to fill my planner out in advance. It has been so helpful to keep me organized and on task with the goals I have set. Last weeks theme was "Focus".

This past week was a rough one for me. I have been fighting- literally- to lose weight with no success. I know I need to see an endocrinologist but until then I'm eating right and working out.I usually do well. I really do like going to the gym. I just feel better. I am healthy. But....
Last week though I broke.
Discouragement set in. I was tired of fighting and not seeing results. Most days I'm good but some are sooo hard. My body seems to fight me at every turn. Sacrifice is hard when there's no reward. I was in tears as I struggled to maintain my fitness level, let alone improve it. It seemed so unfair to work so hard and not reach my goals year and year. My good friend and trainer lifted my spirits to live for another day. "We have all been there. What I won't accept is not believing in yourself. You are an amazing resilient woman physically and mentally. Set backs humble us and are what makes our successes that much sweeter" she said. I love this lady! Sometimes it's hard to believe in ourselves but there is someone who does believe in us- Always!

 After a forgettable workout I sat down to plan the rest of my day. Trying to stay on track I opened my planner. It was the first time in the week I had been able to look at it. My quote for the week,
"No matter how you feel, Get up, Dress up, Show up & Never Give up!"
I wrote this quote on THIS week a couple of weeks ago. 
I stopped.
I thought.
I cried.
I said a little prayer of thanks for my Fathers inspiration;
 For knowing what I would need, when I would need it before I even knew I would need it.
The rest of the day and even the week that became my motto. I wish I could say the struggle was better, perhaps it was only a smidge but my resolve was renewed and I recommitted to continue the fight to a better me. One day I will get there. Until then I am never giving up!

Whatever YOUR challenge,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Fight for it and keep a strong support system nearby for those moments of weakness and discouragement. As Steph said, "we all have them"!
Download the printable here:
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails