Saturday, August 22, 2009

Deck staining

Pin It
After digging numerous slivers out of feet, mostly Matthews, we were in desperate need of sanding and staining our deck. I told Robin his "honey do" list should be non-existant by the time he gets another job. He is working hard on just that, eliminating his to do list. We had picked out a lighter grey stain but it ended up having too much blue tint. Robin picked this darker color for the second coat. It looks great! I think it might get a bit hotter but the deck is shaded most of the day so it's not bad.
It looks so good next to the trim on the house. I love it. Plus- no more slivers. Robin sanded it down really well before staining. I don't think a finish had ever been applied. The weathered grey wood went with the grey of the house but this is so much better on the eyes and feet. Just don't mind the footprints from the garden, it is a deck after all. Honey do list #1- stain deck- CHECK! Thanks babe!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails