Monday, August 26, 2013

My Liebster Award

Pin It
A while back Britney from The Princess and Her Cowboys nominated me for the Liebster Award. It was so wonderful of her...

The Liebster Award is an award for blogs with under 200 followers. Liebster is German for dearest, or beloved and a blog nominated for the Liebster Award is said to be worth watching. 

There are a few things to follow once you have been nominated:
  • Acknowledge the blog that nominated you with a post.
  • Share 11 facts about yourself.
  • Then answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
  • List up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve some recognition.
  • Post 11 new questions for them to answer.
  • Notify all the bloggers you've selected that they've been nominated.
  • Do not nominate the blog who nominated you.
So for the 11 facts about me.
  1. I love to garden. It is hard work but getting to stand back and see the plants bloom and grow is truely rewarding. 
  2. I love to travel, by air or ground, I love seeing the land and sights. 
  3. I would love to learn to fly.
  4. I am very type A. I have to have things just right much to my boys and hubby's dismay.
  5. I have a son with Aspergers. Read a little about it here.
  6. I work full time nights as an RN in our local ICU.
  7. I enjoy working out.
  8. Idaho is the greatest state in the nation. You won't understand until you have lived there.
  9. I have been married for 17 years and am still madly in love with my sweetheart.
  10. I think Grandparents teach lessons parents never can.
  11. I am addicted to creating. I think I go into withdrawals if I haven't done anything for a while.

1. Where would you travel if money were no object? Europe, always wanted to see the classic sights.
2. What language would you like to learn if given the chance? Spanish for the practicality but really Russian, I just think it is a fascinating language.
3. What do you like to do as a hobby besides blogging? Crafting, card making, gardening. I kinda do it all. 
4. Who is your hero and why? If may be cliche but my Dad! He has the greatest work ethic of anyone I know. He doesn't complain. He has always been the calm steady in the storm of life for me.
5. What is your favorite childhood memory? More funny than favorite: Dad taking me to the park when I was 3 for a spanking. I was throwing a mega fit (kicking on the floor of the pickup). He wasn't happy with himself for loosing his temper but I only needed to be reminded of that the rest of my life and I would straighten up. Dad seldom loses his temper but oooh boy!!
6. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why? Idaho. I miss it. The cool nights, hot days....I have visited 35 states but Idaho is still my fav. There is just something in the air. You feel it but can't explain it.
7. What makes you unique? I am completely transparent. I have never been able to hide my feelings. Turns out to be a good thing. I am genuine. Don't worry about what I think, you can read it all over me, the good as well as the bad. Truest true!
8. How did you come up with the name for your blog? I wanted something unique and memorable. Something that defined me. Few families have only boys. I kinda feel part of a unique club. With talk of 4 boys inevitably you will talk about how they grow. 4growingboys fit.
9. What is your favorite part about the summer? Not having to shuttle kids back and forth to school. I hate that there are no buses where we live. Such a waste of resources to have so many cars going back and forth. (yes we do carpool) but it gets tough when we buy cars to fit our family, not the neighborhood.
10. Favorite food? Currently- salmon.
11. What blog has helped you out the most as you've started? I'm not sure but I have been inspired to do more word art from Bethany at Elegant wordart.

Check out these blogs!
Cheri @ DJ's Sundries 
Michelle @ Greene Acres Hobby Farm (love this name!)
Maria @ Krafty Cards etc.

I searched through my other favorite blogs but they are doing so well they don't fit the less than 200 followers criteria. I will keep watching and add any newbies I fall in love with.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails