Thursday, November 1, 2012

4x4 Snowmen

Pin It
My sweet friend and I finally got to craft again. We have both missed our crafting days so much. For me they help to keep me grounded. I love having a day I can create. A day to beautify my home. A day to be with friends. Yeah, mom's need that too!
 I took advantage of the leftover 4x4's from the deck.
Simply paint them white. 
I wanted a rough look so 1 coat did just dandy.
Then a dab of black for the coal eyes.
And something to resemble a carrot nose. I am not much of a painter so this added to the "rough" feel.
The scarves were just a 3 inch strip of fabric.
Then I measured around the 4x4's. They were about 14 inches around.
A simple rectangle that was 14 inches wide, seamed together, the a slight hem at one end gave me a nice little hat.
I tied it with a bit of ribbon then snipped the top end to give a fringed look.
Using a sharpie I added eyelashes and eyebrows and accented the carrot nose. 
I love them! They were simple and turned out great. 
This weekend I hope to get the Halloween down and these cuties out on the front step. 
My favorite holiday is just around the corner. Horray!
*sigh*
Days like this are wonderful to the soul!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails