Monday, February 20, 2012

Crafty button clock

Pin It
Craft time is sooo often sandwiched in between pick up and drop off of one child or another. Without a clock in my craft room I needed to keep my cell phone with me to peek at. Pinterest to the rescue again.

I saw something similar on pinterest and thought "of course!" Plus this would be easy peasy to put together.
I started with my wooden hoop.
I painted the outside hoop. I thougt of paintin the other one too but heh, it wouldn't be seen at all so I passed on that.
I made sure to find buttons that had at least 15 in the pack. There are oodles of fun buttons to choose from but I wanted something simple. And I only wanted to buy one pack. Gotta keep the cost down ya know.
Then I just used my trusty hot glue gun to attach those buttons.
What did mom do before hot glue guns? I mean really?! They come to the rescue on sooooo many projects. I find myself a tad bit impatient when I have to wait for any other glue to dry. Hot glue is just SO fast. Yep, I love it.
Ok....moving on.
Now to the clock parts. I didn't want to cut a hole for the center, the berlap would have just raveled. Instead I just pulled the weaves apart to make a gap I could wiggle the clock part through.
It worked pretty good. You can hardly even tell. Then I just added the hands and....
VOILA!
My new clock for my craft room.
I love it.
No more looking under my project supplies for my cell phone to surface. Now I can have my fun without missing the next child pick up.
I quite like it.
You should try it for your self.
They are easy and inexpensive to make.
Go ahead, have some fun!
Sharing at these great parties...
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails