Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Raingutter Bookshelf Boy Style....

Pin It
Who would have thought the local Home Depot would be as good as a craft store? When you are looking at home decor for a bunch of boys who are not sports minded you tend to get creative. I find myself walking down aisles at Home Depot wondering what I could do with all sorts of parts and pieces. I used pipes on a ladder, sheet metal for a coat hook, now.....
A raingutter for a bookshelf. Basic metal was the cheapest and happen to be just perfect to go with his room.
Grab some tin snips to cut it down to size, 10 feet was just a bit too long.
Now to enlist the help of dear hubby...again.....
We screwed it into the studs....
Now just add some books.
And maybe some fun magnets to hang his artwork from.
So what do you think?
Dear hubby thought I was crazy when I explained what I pictured for this room but now he rather likes it. He said he can finally grasp what I was saying. I knew he'd come around and see things my way. hehehe!
Linking up:





Ninth Street Notions
Photobucket
IhookedupwithHoHlamespice
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Super fantastic!!! Love your creativity! :) Would be so honored if you'd share this over at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesdays on Kammy's Korner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I have seen similar book holders, but this is far simpler. I LOVE the idea of it being magnetic for hanging pictures! I really must do this for my own little men :) Thanks for sharing- hope to keep in touch with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sky. I'm glad you liked it. It was fun to do. We moms of boys have to be a bit more creative if we don't want the typical sports themes. ;-) Thanks for following.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails