Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Project 10 of 52: Valentines Mailboxes

Pin It
So it's after Valentines but I finally got these done. There were easy to make. The boys were excited and tried to talk mom into letting them take them to school to use- um no. This is mine. I didn't think the boys would appreciate the lace. ;-)
There are 2 dog themes, 2 hot lips, and one hearts. They are lines and have straps with buttons to hook over the railing.
I did each of the flaps a little different just to try different looks. Fun to make. I actually have one more to assemble but Matthew was being a little too helpful and I can't find one of my buttons now. He likes to sit on my box of fabric and play in my sewing draws. What would you guess he seeks out? Out of all my sewing tools? My pin cushion! I don't know what the fascination is for a pin cushion but he loves to play with that tomatoe! I just have to be careful to pick up any stray pins. Silly boy.
I think I will leave the Valentine decor up till the end of the month then put up Easter. I have more Easter decor but want to do up the mantel. I like to add a little each year so we will see what I can come up with this year. Plus, I will be organizing the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt again. It was a huge success last year and I am excited to do this again. Can you believe we are looking to Easter already? I am already thinking of gardening too. We had a great garden last year but I want to have a better one. We need beans and I am hoping to get my peas going this year. There is always something isn't there?!

Oh, and I started my craft cupboards today! I am doing this project on my own. It is exciting. I can't wait to show you! I think it is going to be FABULOUS!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails