Sunday, March 13, 2011

Menu Plan, Pinwheels and Olive Garden night!

Pin It
Have you been over to Jaimie Cooks it up yet? I have linked several of her recipes but if you haven't yet checked her out you should. I love her recipes. They are basic cook from my pantry recipes. I only have to add a couple of ingredients for them. Plus she has great variety. With 4 hungry boys to feed I love the size of her recipes. Of course it's nothing compared to feeding her brood of 5 kids. I have yet to find a recipe of hers we didn't enjoy and get rave reviews from. I am hoping to upgrade my mixer so that I can try more of her yummy bread recipes too. My basic Kitchen Aid is lovely but gets a work out when I make recipes that call for 10-12 cups of flour. I usually cut those in half. Just trying to preserve my prized appliances. 
We love Olive Garden! It is my favorite restaurant. I go just for the soup, salad, and bread sticks. Dear hubby loves pasta so he is a happy camper too. Imagine my utmost delight when Jaimie pops up with the Zuppa Toscana soup, bread sticks and their salad with dressing! OHHH YEAH! Tomorrow night is Olive Garden night here. You are all invited to join us. Dinners at 6pm! Mom cooks, all others do dishes.
I am also on the lookout for a fun St Patty's day dinner. I think I will make Mint Chocolate Chip cupcakes and plan on having a green salad and I might serve it in that order too ;-). I still need a main dish. I have seen (in the past) fun meals for this holiday but I will need to search a bit more tonight. If you have a suggestion please let me know!
The end of the week will be with family arriving for a Spring Family Retreat. I planned something easy that everyone could munch on as they arrived in town. 
On the menu this week....
Tuesday: Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas
Wednesday: Hamburger Pinwheels
Thursday: St Patty's meal with mint chocolate chips cupcakes
Friday: Papa Murphy's Pizza as family arrives for our retreat
Family Retreat Menu
Saturday: B: Pancakes, fruit, bacon
L: BBQ or else eating out
D: Ham, Cheesy potatoes, green salad, jello
Sunday: Farmers Breakfast Casserole 
L: Sloppy Joes as everyone heads out for home.

One of my favorite recipes is so simple. 
Hamburger Pinwheels
1# hamburger browned with an onion
mix your favorite biscuit dough (I use bisquick) and roll out. Spread hamburger over dough and roll up like a cinnamon roll. Bake according to biscuit directions. Serve with tomatoe soup or gravy over the top. We like the tomatoe soup along with a green salad or green beans. My boys love this a gobble it up. It's not dear hubby's favorite but he enjoys it. I just have to plan spagetti or some other pasta dish to keep a balance he hehe.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails