Thursday, March 3, 2011

The things I love; a personal note....

Pin It
What would you do if you had an extra day each week? I can think of a lot of things I would do. Lucky for me I will be able to attempt to do each one of them. I have been working full time as a RN for 11 yrs and now get to cut back to part time. That's just 2 12hr shifts. I work nights so my boys don't notice that I am gone as much. They are usually with me or dad but let me tell you what! Sleep is a high commodity for me. My favorite time of the day is 6am to 10am. Crazy? Maybe. But I love the calm quiet of the morning and I can generally be ever so productive. So imagine my delight when Dear Hubby left at 5 something in the morning and I felt wide awake and refreshed. I stayed in bed until 5:45 am then decided to get up. Yep, wide awake and feeling GREAT! 
I enjoyed a uninterupted and unrushed shower. Took time to lather lotion all over and just enjoy the morning. Now with bread in the oven and, surprisingly, boys still in bed I had to put a few thoughts down. 
I thought of all the things I love and I am going to savor today. Starting now I am going to enjoy the journey a bit more. 
I am thrilled to be able to focus more on my boys and family.
I love early mornings and am going to try to enjoy more of them.
I love cooking and mostly baking. More homemade bread!
I love to read and look forward to more time reading with the little boys.
I love seeing dear hubby come home and wrap me in his arms for a hug and kiss. He is great about doing this but sometimes we are going opposite directions. I miss my kisses then. My favorite is when he has just gotten out of the shower and shaved. Ooohh! I love a freshly shaven face. SMMOOTH! Yep, it melts me every time.
I love crafting. Thursdays are my dear friend and I's day to craft. We'd gotten away from that a bit but I have missed it. Simple things. Time well spent.
I love making memories. I look forward to spending more time scrapbooking those memories to share with my family and friends. It's always a treat to watch my boys pull out their baby books and share/brag about their own pictures.
I love Christ. I have an increasing desire to study the scriptures like never before. More scripture power stories for my boys. What better hero's to read about?!
I love the refreshing feeling of having a good start on the day. Ok-maybe this is more of my type A personality but when I feel good enough to get up early I know I can accomplish so much more. 3 of my 4 boys take after me that way. They are early risers and are usually up before 7am. It is great when we travel. We can hit the road or attractions before most of the other families get up. School doesn't start until 9am. Think of how much we can accomplish, the time we can spend together when I can join them in their early rise!
I have looked forward for a long time to only working part time. I have counted my blessings to have a career that could sustain my family through job loss, trials, and moves. That is WHY I went to college to begin with. I watch my parents struggle and wanted better for my family. Now, I look forward to the blessings of being MOM!
What are you thankful for?
What are some of your favorite things?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Shannon! Yeah for you! I know how much the extra time at home means to you, so YEAH!!! I'm so glad that you were able to work it out. Enjoy your time--You've earned it!

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails