Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Texture in the Cards

Pin It
A local scrapbooking store fell victim to the economy like so many other businesses. It always makes me sad to see this happen but I did manage to get some great deals while they were closing up shop. These metal brads and word buttons were some of the deals I scored. I coordinated some paper scraps, added ribbon, and the brads.
I love how buttons and brads add texture and dimension. Something so simple can really take you card to the next level,.
I used ribbon for the stem and petals on this flower.
One of my favorite craft stores in Idaho Falls sells bulk buttons. You get to go through and pick out what you want. Sometimes there are great finds other times they are just basic buttons. These all came from those button bins. Nothing fancy but threading the bright colors together should brighten someones day. You could do this with any color or any holiday too. I just stamped a little Thank you on the bottom corner. I also did one with the Thank You stamped all the way up the card. It wasn't bad but I liked this one the best.

For all of these cards I already had most of the supplies on hand. I did buy a few of the phrase stickers but the paper and embellishments were from my stash. Not too bad for some nearly free cards. Even better was that I got to use up scraps. I love when you end up with a win-win!

What do you think? Have you been able to use any of your supplies and scraps?
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Love the cards, but I want to know who has bulk buttons in IF--I want some! So fun to "keep up" with you and yours via your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards, but I want to know who has bulk buttons in IF--I want some! So fun to "keep up" with you and yours via your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards, but I want to know who has bulk buttons in IF--I want some! So fun to "keep up" with you and yours via your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebekah Porters has the bulk bin. Sometimes there is not much, just basic buttons but other times ther are some great finds. I also stocked up with red, white, and pink for a valentine heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails