Monday, May 30, 2011

What a difference blinds make...

Pin It
When we moved in I just put up curtains. I wasn't sure what I wanted for living room window. It faces west. We have a beautiful view but in the summer I had the curtains closed most of the day to keep the hot sun out. I don't care for vertical blinds but our window is 97 inches wide!
I finally figured what I wanted. Through the winter I just enjoyed bathing in the afternoon sun. With summer trying to come I thought I'd better get my plan in gear...
The before...
I wish I could have gotten a better picture. My next camera will have the option to leave the flash on for backlighting like this...
Thankfully my darling hubby is getting very good at putting up window treatments. That is one think I just don't like to do. He just smiles and says "ok babe" when I finally decide what I want put up.
Blinds are basic but so functional. I opted to go with one large blind and two smaller ones to match the sides of the window that open. Simple but I love them.

Without a back yard last year leaving the curtains closed didn't matter....
but this year....
...we have a beautiful backyard to enjoy. Not to mention simply enjoying the daylight.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails