Monday, May 2, 2011

What's on the Menu this week....

Pin It
Here is what I have planned to cook from my pantry this week...
Monday
Taco Soup

Tuesday
Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas
Corn

Wednesday
Sasame Noodles loaded with vegis

Thursday
BBQ steak 
Potatoes
Green Beans
(unless someone has a great meatless recipe for me.... )

Friday- dinner with friends
Dutch Oven BBQ Ribs
Dutch Oven potatoes
Green salad
Saturday
Ward Dinner- maybe make a potatoe salad

I am wanting to reduce the amount of meat we eat and sub 2 days a week for meatless dishes. Partly for health and partly for cost reasons. We are truly a meat and potatoes family- hello, we grew up in rural Idaho! I know there are lots of yummy meatless without knowing it's meatless recipes out there but I couldn't find them. Someone care to help me out? We enjoy vegis so this shouldn't be too big of a jump for us. Dear hubby is a pasta guy anyway. I know the options are endless with that (a couple of weeks ago my whole meal plan was about pasta since I need to cycle some of it through my pantry).

My grocery list is nearly non-existant with this menu. I plan on scouring the fridge and freezer for vegis waiting to be used in the soup and noodles. I am baking whole wheat bread, cookies and banana bread today. We still have lots of apples in the fridge and some gogurts for snacking.

Mr. M is my milk drinker but after finding 8 cavities before the age of 3 we are cutting back on the milk in between meals. And YES, I do brush his teeth, FAITHFULLY! *ugh*! With cutting back on his milk consumption we still have 2.5 gallons which should last us until next week. Eggs- check, cheese-check....flour, sugar, all the staples in my pantry- CHECK! Looks like a good shopping week. All I will have to worry about is the great coupon sales. Gotta love LOVE that!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to do the same thing. I'm trying to suck up the grocery budget to cover other costs :P! I'm thinking up ways to implement plant protein for animal protein in our meals. I'll let you know how it goes! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails