Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pantry cooking menu; Swedish Meatballs

Pin It
I planned more than a week of meals this time. It just kinda came together that way. I don't mind either because then I can, hopefully, make fewer trips to the store. I also tried to focus on menu items from our pantry. I noticed I had a few items running low so I took the opportunity of the current case lot sales to restock. Case lot sales usually only happen a couple times of the year, fall and spring. We also have a freezer but haven't yet restocked our beef. We are on the list for when my uncle has another cow ready. Homegrown beef is the only way to go!
So here is what we are planning the next week or so....
Oven Fried Chicken
Super fast Pasta Bake
Pizza
Navajoo Tacos
Grilled Chicken Salad
Enchiladas
Easy Cheesy Chicken Salad
Shepherd's Pie
Smothered Steak 

With each meal I generally add a vegi side and perhaps some pasta or potatoes, whichever goes well.
I am hoping to make some freezer meals this next weeks too. I need those meals to help with the nights I just don't feel like cooking. Some of them are crockpot meals others are frozen in foil pans; makes clean up a breeze!

Easy Swedish Meatballs
from Girlfriends on the Go
30 pre-cooked frozen meatballs
1 pkg country gravy mix
1 cup sour cream
egg noodles
Prepare gravy according to directions. Mix with sour cream, if freezing place with meatballs in freezer bag and freeze. Otherwise, heat until meatballs are heated through. Serve over noodles.

You can purchase premade meatballs or make your own. I like their recipe for Italian Meatballs

Italian Meatballs
Girlfriends on the Go
1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp fresh minced parsley or 1 tsp dried
1 minced garlic clove
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
Combine ingredients; form into meatballs and bake at 400 deg for 20 minutes.

I also want to make some dry ranch mix. I found a recipe on Allrecipes.com but does anyone have a tried and true recipe? I would like to keep some of this in the pantry.....
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails