Saturday, July 9, 2011

Boys Room Decor.....

Pin It
I finished this map a while ago for dear son #2's room but ran into problems...it kept falling down. I hadn't wanted to nail it to the wall but ended up doing it anyway. I figured I would take it down when it was time to repaint which would allow me to fix the holes.....
 I made the frame from leftover trim. The map is just a road map I mounted on foamboard.
 Then I used map pins to show all the places my son has been. We try to do something each summer. Sometimes it's local other times we are able to save and travel further.
Where ever we go we try to "Find Joy in the Journey". 
I used map penents to show places family members have served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Several family members, including dad, have served over seas. Those will be added with smaller maps of that country framed along the wall. 
I love how the blue of sets the green. It worked just how I wanted in his room.
(Sorry I don't have a picture of the whole room, the sheetrock for our bathroom is in there at the moment. Dear hubby had to hold it back for these pictures. That's the next room on the docket, we just have to save our pennies.)
”Photobucket”
Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails