Monday, August 15, 2011

Best part of Gardening!

Pin It
Can you guess what I may be up to this week?
I pulled a couple to beets to see how they were doing. I knew we were close to harvest time.
I was hoping to wait until Monday to weed the garden and pick beans but I realized they wouldn't last so I got dear hubby to help. Of course he took to the harvesting part like a pro. He said "this is the best part of gardening" while he picked the beans and peas. In the meantime, I am pulling all the weeds. That's ok. It's all good! I love company when I am working in the garden and the weeds aren't too bad to pull from our sandy soil.
This week I will be canning beats. We stopped at Cal Ranch and picked up a camp stove. Now I can go out back and cook without heating up the house. My power bill will thank us as well.
This weeks Bountiful Basket was great. We miss the apples but I suspect they are coming soon. 
This week we get to enjoy:
5 bananas
1 bag of grapes
1 lb strawberries
5 plums 
2 mangos
1 canteloup
2 red peppers
3 tomatoes
3 roma tomatoes
3 onions
6 ears of corn
and 
2 heads of romain lettuce.
All this for just $16.50! It really is the best way to get some great produce in the house. We eat so much more fresh stuff with this. Can't beat that in the store. YUMMY!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails