Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

Pin It
This is what we got this last weekend for $15! We have been getting Bountiful Baskets for a couple of weeks now. It is produce coop. You get quality produce at the same price charged the large grocery stores. We have been enjoying lots of great fruit and vegi's. It is nice to try new things too. I like spinach but I don't usually buy it. This last week we got a couple of bunches in our basket of spinach. I searched for spinach recipes and found a couple of great ones from Realmomkitchen.com. We will try this one tonight...  

Strawberry, Kiwi, Spinach salad
You can get the recipe Here
Last night though we tried this one:
Summer Spinach Salad

You can get the recipe Here
We really enjoyed this salad. The onion in the dressing was too strong for us though. It was a very fresh onion. I just added the dressing on individual servings in case we didn't eat it all. I was glad I did it this was. This afternoon I made more dressing without any onion. Yep, much better. It was a great lunch for me. This would be a refreshing side to sandwiches in the summer too. Give it a try. Now I only have 1 bunch of spinach left but lots of lettuce. We are definantly eating more fresh vegis with this.
One last recipe to share was this Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Cake.....
Get the recipe HERE
It was YUUUMMMYYYY!!!! As quoted by Tyler. The boys would have devoured it if dad hadn't reigned them in a bit. Check out real mom kitchen. I like her style and love the recipes. It is a regularly visited site for me.....
Enjoy!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Last week was my first week doing Bountiful Baskets, and I actually went early and helped put your basket together! It was great. I love the recipes you posted. I'll have to try some of them, since I haven't touched my spinach yet. But, the strawberries are all gone... =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails