Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Project 12 of 52: Burlap CREATE

Pin It






I don't remember where I saw this idea but I loved it. I used my cricuit to make the template for the letters. The 10" rings I found mostly at D.I. for $0.75 or less. Then I used a 40% coupon for my burlap at Joanns. I love how it turned out. It really added something to my corner of the world. I wonder if I would have been better to use smaller rings but hey.... I am hoping to get my cabinets painted this week. I have been working soooo very much but things should be returning to normal for a while. No more extra shifts til the end of the month anyway. I am excited to get a few projects done. My wish list is getting rather long. I also plan to post a few pictures I have scrapped. I usually do scrapbooking on Sundays when I can just sit with the family and relax. I don't get it done too fast but it is getting there. I have done several more Project 365 pages done as well as some baptism pictures of my niece.

We have started a family theme night. Each Saturday night we have homemade pizza followed by a movie. The idea is to try different varieties of pizza and enjoy having everyone help make it. Then we will watch a movie. The boys get to "buy concessions" with reward money. I got this idea from Brown Paper Packages They will get to earn points throughout the week for extra good behavior. Stuff beyond their usual chores. Then they trade their points for various concessions like pop, popcorn, candy, etc. Each item will have a point value and they can chose what snacks to enjoy during the movie. We did  it last Saturday and it was quite nice. The boys enjoyed staying up later and mom and dad enjoyed a relaxing evening. Not to mention Yummy pizza. We love Hawiian pizza but anything goes. I have found a great from scratch recipe, Robin says it is THE Best pizza dough we have ever. It is from My Kitchen Cafe and is simple simple simple.
We make the dough and the sauce. Because the pizza only takes about 8 minutes to cook on my stone we can have it all done in about 30 minutes. Great news when it comes to hungry boys!

Fast and Easy Pizza Dough
This recipe was given to me by my Aunt who got it from a woman named Linda who I have never met - but in the event she miraculously stumbles across this blog, I'll give a big thanks, Linda!

3 cups flour, more or less
1 tablespoon honey, heaping
1 tablespoon oil, heaping
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. (If using a pizza stone, let stone heat for at least 30 minutes in the oven before baking pizza.) Mix all pizza dough ingredients together, except the flour. Add flour and knead for a bit then put into pan (or use a pizza peel and pizza stone). If baking in a sheet pan, bake for about 12 minutes (checking often) until crust is browned and cheese is golden and bubbly. If baking on the preheated pizza stone, slide pizza onto stone and bake for about 8 minutes. Makes 1 large pizza.

Homemade Pizza Sauce
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 tablespoon sugar
Oregano
Garlic powder
Italian seasoning
Crushed red pepper (optional)

Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until desired consistency. I leave mine slightly chunky. On the seasonings, I just sprinkle them in to taste. If I use crushed red pepper, I only use a few flakes because my kids don't like spicy things, but it definitely adds a nice kick to the sauce to use it. I also substitute for whatever I don't have: basil leaves for oregano, garlic salt for garlic powder, etc. This recipe is open to interpretation. Use what you like and it will be delicious.
ENJOY!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails