Friday, July 23, 2010

Fitness Friday

Pin It
I didn't do to bad this past week despite not loosing anything. I nearly met my activity goals, there was one night I just couldn't get my energy up to do stairs on my break, otherwise we walked every night. I didn't add the weights in though for a couple of reasons. The biggest reason is that I have not tracked them down from the move yet. Yeah, we still have many boxes to unpack but it is slow going until rooms and shelves are finished in the basement. My other reason is how FAST these ladies walk. I am out of shape I admit it but I never thought of myself as a slow walker. I am also the tallest and yet there are times I have to do the quick step to catch up! Last night I just let the other two go ahead. UGH! I was so out of breath. We walk 2 miles in about 40 minutes. Last night I think it was closer to 30 minutes. That pace is not bad, I can handle it but when we start climbing some pretty good hills, oh yeah, I start to feel it. Seriously, tell me why I am not dropping pounds? Plus, Robin and I have been hauling sheet rock downstairs every morning before it gets to hot. That's like 20 trips downstairs. It's gotta count for something! I am somewhat sore each morning but still functional, acutally come to think about it I wasn't as sore this morning as I thought I would be. Hey, maybe I am making headway after all.

I didn't do as well on my water intake but that is a daily challenge. I find myself at the end of the day and having not had enough glasses of water. I have gone to always having a glass of ice water sitting on the counter. Then when I walk into the kitchen I'm reminded and can just grab a drink; I refill it and leave it sitting on the counter for next time. When I go to work I fill my mug with ice water and mindlessly drink it while I am getting report. It doesn't take long for me to get my water in that way. I just have to get it filled first thing.

I think I am going to rejoin weight watchers online. They are having a deal where sign up is only $1 until August. I find my biggest barrier to wt loss is that I don't eat enough; especially of the right foods. This means my body holds onto food ie. energy, longer. If I increase my intake (I'm talking healthy foods- fruits and vegis) then my body knows more is coming and we are not in famine season. If you want to see fuel effeceincy let me show you! Highly efficeint body right here! lol. I did well on WW before and with life settling down a bit I think I could do well again. I have already gotten a exersice habit going..... for me that is a huge hurdle. Of course it helps having ladies that I enjoy walking with. The time seems to fly and I work harder than if I were by myself!

Oh baby! Next year I will be totally in shape. No hiding under a swimsuit coverup for me! (ok, maybe I will still use the coverup. I've never beed THAT comfortable in a swimsuit.;-)

Good luck with your goals. Keep on a working!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails