Thursday, September 16, 2010

Case lot sales....

Pin It
I love fall cooking AND the case lot sales. I love to know that I won't need to go to the store every week, I can just cook from my storage. This is the best time to stock up on those basic cooking supplies. The recipes that we enjoy are the ones with the supplies I stock up on. PYP is a fabulous resource to pick from each of the case lot sales coming up. Prepared LDS Family has a wonderful spreadsheet of cost comparisons. I just pulled it up and WOW! I'm impressed. I didn't get the flour at Macey's- they were out- but I'm glad I didn't, I will wait for the baked goods in Novemeber like she suggested. I just had to share. She has spent over 100 hours putting this together and is being so very generous to share her efforts.

Robin LOVES scones. She posted a yummy looking recipe for scones- using home storage of course. I plan to make some as a nice surprise for the love of my life to come home too.....
1 Tbsp yeast
1 cup water
1 Tbsp sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
Combine yeast and water. Let sit. Add remaining ingredients. Deep fry until golden brown. 
I plan to double this recipe. Scones disappear quicly around here!
ENJOY!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails