Friday, November 12, 2010

Pumpkin Bars

Pin It
I found this recipe in a Kraft magazine several years ago. We love pumpkin pie and this is right up there with it. Yummy and Easy! Just the way I like it. So for a great desert for Thanksgiving day give it a try. You could easily make it ahead of time and stick it in the freezer or fridge...

Pumpkin Pie Bars
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar (divided)
3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup nuts
1 pkg cream cheese
3 eggs
15 oz pumpkin
1 Tb pumpkin pie spice

Preheat oven to 350
Mix flour, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup sugar in bowl. Cut in butter and mix until crumbles. Stir in oats and nuts. Reserve 1 cup of mixture. Press remaining mixture into 9x13 pan. Bake 15 minutes.

Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, pumpkin and spice. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 25 minutes.

I used pecans. My dad is severely allergic to walnuts so I always cook with pecans. I don't remember what the original recipe called for but really- does it make a big difference? Not for us! ;-)

I always make notes in my cookbooks or with my favorite recipes. I'm glad I did with this one because for some reason written down it looks more detailed than it is. I'm always amazed at how quick and easy this comes together.

Plus, another cooking straight from my pantry recipe!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails