Sunday, November 7, 2010

Organizing bit by bit

Pin It
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly things can get cluttered, especially with little boys around. While I was doing my regular house cleaning I decided to organize and re-organize a few areas of high traffic. The computer desk draw is constantly gotten into. It didn't take much but still needed some attention. Have you noticed how quickly pens, pencils, and markers collect?

I got rid of most of the extra writing tools. Tossed some old ones that didn't work and straightened everything else in the drawer. Chaos drives me buggy but neat and tidy- ahh, that's better....
Since I was working on laundry all day I decided it was time to do something to improve this area. I miss my laundry room tons! I have managed to revamp my laundry routine this summer to work with the laundry closet now but.....um yeah, it still needed some TLC.
Now the after....
The baskets on top hold towels and whites. I am thinking of putting vinyl labels on them. Since this is right by our garage door I plan to use the 2 empty shelves for things that need to go to grandma's or the DI etc; a sort of loading zone. 
I also worked on this little project....
I had this listed in my ideas labels. My favorite color is red, which is also easy to decorate with but I thought it would be nice to experiment with other colors. Since this is the laundry closet I figured it would be safe to explore other colors here....
The yellow and black aren't bad but they just don't sit well with me. Perhaps they are a bit to much contrast, I don't know. My husband and friend like it but I am going to try a softer green instead. Since I have been working all weekend I haven't gotten much done on it but keep watching for the next reveal. Will it be the color I stick with? All I can say is thank heavens for sanders....;-)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails