Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cheddar Ham Soup

Pin It
This was a big hit from day one. We used to feed the missionaries often, we just enjoyed their company. I also used them to test new recipes. With this one I don't think I had anything left of the big pot I'd made. Of course it has to be easy to be on my favorites list. My mother in law gave me a subscription to Taste of Homes Quick Cooking for Christmas. It was a great gift idea. I love that magazine. The recipes are full of ingredients I have in my pantry and they are quick and easy. By the end of the year I ordered the hardback book of all the recipes. They are among my 'go to' recipe books. This recipe comes from the 2007 edition

Cheddar Ham Soup
2 cups diced potatoes
2 cups water
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1/4 cup chipped onion
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1/4- 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
1 cup frozen peas, thawed.

In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, carrots and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, salt and pepper. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir into undrained potato mixture. Add ham and peas; heat through.
 ENJOY!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails