Monday, December 27, 2010

The Menu plus: Chicken and Rice Wraps

Pin It
We just enjoyed our weekend so I didn't get the menu planned until this morning. NOTHING sounds good even after going through my recipes. I guess after all the holiday goodies my body is looking for a food vacation. I am excited to make this year the year for me. I wanted to loose weight last year but with moving I let things go. I just couldn't manage all of the changes at the same time. This week is the last chance to have the boys finish of all the goodies then no more (or fewer) sweets. I am loving the produce baskets each week and they have already started to transform how we snack/eat. Just more diligence with that. Watch for my recipes to have weight watchers points attached. I will be doing WW online and love that I can calculate points to the recipes I already use and enjoy. I guess this becomes my goal #1 for 2011...Healthy eating!
This weeks Menu....
Chicken and Rice Wraps
Pinwheels
Roast
Broccolli Chicken Casserole
Baked Potatoe Bar
Beef Stroganoff.

Chicken and Rice Wraps
I don't remember where I got this one. It is a great freezer recipe. Just wrap each one in foil and freeze. Zap 'em in the microwave and you have a great, filling meal in a jiffy. Even from the start they are easy. Would you expect any less from this mom?
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
(throw 2-3 breasts in a post and boil until able to shred)
2 cups water
1 cup salsa
1 pkg Taco seasoning mix
2 cups instant rice, uncooked
8-12 flour tortillas
In a skillet or saucepan, combine chicken, water, salsa and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Add rice, simmer on low for 5 minutes. spoon mixture into center of tortillas and wrap. You can add cheese to mixture before wrapping.
This makes a lot! It is kind to your diets and mild for kids palates.
Enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails