Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bountiful Baskets and recipes

Pin It
I was so excited to get our Bountiful Baskets this week. It is a wonderful basket. We got all this for only $16.50!
And I already have plans for nearly everything. Carrots, broccoli, romaine lettuce, spinach, mushrooms, orange peppers, oranges, lemons, apples, strawberries, canteloup. YUMMY! I really missed it this week. I will have to make sure I remember to order on the weekends I work.
We had all the ingredients to make this yummy salad from Real Mom's Kitchen. Spinach, strawberries, bananas, and nuts.
BRIGHT, VIVID COLOR!!
Top it with a special poppyseed dressing and you have a lovely spring salad!
Oh and don't these just beg to be stuffed? My dear friend shared a wonderful recipe:
Italian sausage browned, mix in cream cheese, garlic clove and parmasan cheese. I am not an exact measureing type of cook so I just mixed in "about" amounts. I usually use 1/3 of a package of sausage and cream cheese each. Maybe a bit more cream cheese. 1 clove garlic and ohhh about a 1/4 cup parmassan. Mix it all together and stuff those 'shrooms. The first time I made it I forgot to bake in the oven and just ate them raw. They were very good this way as well. Bake them for 20 minutes at 350 to blend all the juices together. Can YOU eat just one? Yeah, didn't think so!
Now the lemons are a bit more tricky. Sure I could make lemon bars or have slices in an ice cold Sprite but does anyone have any yummy main dishes using lemons? They are usually the culprit that stumps me. But look at that bright, cheery yellow! So inviting! So spring! Can't ya just smell 'em?!
Of course half of the basket will have no problem at all devouring. With four hungry boys always hanging around.... Does "hungry" ever show up at your house? Cuz I swear he is ALWAYS here.....
Here's the proof! 1/2 the carton of strawberries already gone. Yeah, Matthew's eyes lit up when he saw them. He couldn't sign strawberry fast enough. He eventually gave up and mixed the more and strawberry signs into his own version of both. Once mom turned her back he grabbed the barstool and dug in. I came back into the kitchen to find numerous strawberry stems on the floor and a little boy with a cheesey red grin!
If you haven't checked out Bountiful Baskets go there and see what's available.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Here's a Lemon Recipe - - I always use 2 Lemons for it... It's called 7-Up Cake (but I use Sprite!!)

    1 box Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake
    3 eggs
    1 small box Lemon Instant Pudding
    10 oz 7-Up

    mix all incredients together and pour into greased 9 x 13 cake pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until cake tests done.

    Using a fork,while hot, poke holes into cake (do it slowly, otherwise cake will stick to the fork). Pour glaze all over the top.

    Glaze:
    Zest from 2 small lemons
    1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
    Juice from 2 small lemons

    Combine (watch out for seeds!!) and pour over the cake.

    Its like a delicious fresh baked glazed cake donut!! Soo yummy!!


    This past Thursday, a semi with a load of strawberries and pineapples overturned (no one was hurt). Because the produce was involved in an accident, they couldn't pick them up and take them to their destination. So, The police and the wrecker guys were able to get them. We got 35 pounds of strawberries!! I gave away 18 pounds to my SIL and another officer. What a wonderful treat!! I made some chocolate covered strawberries - SOO YUMMY - and froze a BUNCH to make strawberry jam in a few weeks!!

    How cool is that???

    Have a great week!! I love the new layout!! What did you use??

    Hugs ~~ Suz

    inspiringcreativeness.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so very much Suz! This sounds close to a lemon bread I make but without the zest. I am so envious of the strawberries!! What a great score. My dear friend wants to make strawberry jam sooo bad. She's just waiting to find a good deal on them! You will enjoy them for a long time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails