Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cooking from my Pantry menu....

Pin It
I have been tracking my budget a lot closer and really trying to stay in budget. We have gotten a bit lax after struggling wtih job loss last year. Time to reign things in a bit. We are working hard to get out of debt. With all of that in mind I was a bit down to see I have gone over (again). So this next week it is all about cooking with supplies already on hand. I have several tried and true recipes for cooking from my pantry. We enjoy them I just had to remember them. Once I started writing ideas down I couldn't stop. I will only need a couple of items that need restocking anyway ie. potatoes. So if you need pantry menu ideas this is the week for you. I have learned over the years what we like and shop accordingly. Nothing out of the ordinary for this country gal....

Chicken Noodle (found out this is DH's favorite meal from me!)
Smothered Patties- gotta look for this recipe at home....
Cheesy Potatoe Soup
Taco Ring
Chicken and Rice Burritos
Breakfast for dinner- the boys love this! 

Of course lots of soups and chilis are also great pantry recipes. I may even have a baking day and make some bread and rolls and muffins. My boys would love me!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails