Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trash to Treasure...

Pin It
Remember this table..
 Yuck! But free! Yeah!
 I started with a fresh coat of paint.
 I used this spray paint for a good coat and to help seal all the stains.
 Then I picked 3 or 4 other colors and started dabbing it on. Google and You-Tube brings up all sorts of hits on how to do a granite finish. I just used a paper towel and dabbed until I was happy.
 A little rust color, cream, tan...
 And a touch of black for that pop.
 Painting the checkerboard was a little more of a challenge. How to get those beautiful and even squares? Start by painting a large black square. Then tape over it all with painters tape. Then, measure out the squares.
This is one of my favorite tools, a simple razor cutter. I cut the 2 inch squares. Mark the red ones and start pealing every other one off for the checker pattern. I didn't like the red so I went with black and cream. Then topped it with resin for a beautiful shine.

I LOVE it!
Total cost was about $30. The resin was $20 itself.
Once more, the Before
and After
What do you think? It's gonna make a great game table for the family room!
Linking up:

Photobucket
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I love the checker board in the middle. I think it adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely transformation, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job! I love the checker board. That is a great idea. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails