Saturday, October 9, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup: comfort food!

Pin It
The weather has turned to fall this week. It has been 20 degree's cooler and rainy. I love the fall season because of the cooking and baking, soups, chilis, muffins, pumpkin cookies and breads.
I worked last night and had a discouraging morning so I was glad to have homemade chicken noodle soup on the menu for tonight. It is my mom's recipe and pure comfort food. 
 Just boil a whole chicken in water until able to shred.
Meanwhile make the noodles:
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp water
add enough flour to make still dough. Mix well then roll out and cut with noodle cutter. Separate noodles and let dry.
Remove chicken from water and set aside. Place diced carrots, onions, celerey and salt and pepper to taste in broth. While the vegitables cook pull chicken from bones and shred. Add to broth and vegi's. When noodles are dry add to soup and cook until soft.
ENJOY!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails