Saturday, January 1, 2011

Menu + Beef and Bean Stew

Pin It
Here is my menu for this week. I have points values but I'm sure they have changed since the recent change in WW. It will at least give you a ball park idea of points if that matters to you. I will be putting in recipes to the recipe builder to figure out points slowly over the next few weeks. Did you know most families eat only about 10 different meals? Yep-10. That makes planning your food storage easy. Just make sure you have supplies for your fav 10 and you're set! Hmmm, maybe I will have to make a post of what our fav 10 would be. What are yours?
MENU
Chili Mac- WW recipe that used to be 6 points
Chicken Fingers- WW recipe that used to be 5 points
Broccoli Cheese Soup- WW recipe that was 5 points, I suspect it may still be
Louisiana Chicken and Bean Skillet- my recipe that was 4 points plus rice
Taco Casserole- still need to enter this recipe for points
Beef and Bean Stew- crockpot recipe that was 4 points

A couple of ideas for my lunches this week:
Chicken salad wraps- used to be 3 points plus the tortilla
WW Bean and Cheese Nachos- used to be 4 points

Beef and Bean Stew
1 pound stew meat
2 cans 16oz each kidney beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 1/2 cup frozen corn
1 cup hot water
1 cup chopped onion
2 celery ribs chopped
1 can chopped green chilies
1 can olices, sliced
2 Tbs uncooked long grain rice
1-2 Tbs chili powder
2 tsp beef bouillion
1/4 tsp salt
1 can tomatoe sauce
In crockpot: combine everything except tomatoe sauce. Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours.
Stir in tomatoe sauce and cook 30 minutes more. 
Top with cheese and sour cream.
Without cheese and sour cream= 1 cup= 209 calories 4 grams fat 28 mg cholesterol 28 grams carbs 7 grams fiber 17 grams protein.
Makes 10 servings

ENJOY
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails