Saturday, January 1, 2011

Snowed in....

Pin It
A couple of days ago we had no snow and it was raining. This morning we woke up to another day of snow. This time it was lake effect- another 6 inches or more. We had about a foot to shovel off the driveway.

This is about 9:00 in the morning. Yes my camera is working great but it is snowing almost faster than we can shovel, thus making it pretty dark still.

The snowplow had not gone by since it started to snow yesterday. My neighbor tried to get out with her 4x4 but ended up turning around. I called the hospital and let them know I would not be to work unless the plow came by. Our street would be one of the last plowed because of it being kind of a cul-de-sac. I was secretly hoping to remain snowed in....
but alas the plow came by about 2pm so here I am at work on New Years Eve rather than cuddled warm in bed. That's the down side to working nights, the roads usually get cleared by evening time...
At least I got to enjoy a quiet 1/2 day being snowed in. Now we have the cold to deal with. Still 17 deg is not too bad. Feels more like Idaho weather. I had wondered about the temps staying around 32 here is Utah even after the snow stopped. Ah, winter, you just never know.....
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails