Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring cleaning

Pin It
Ahh, Sunshine! We finally met the sun again today. It was nice to be outside. We had started clearing the basement but we just couldn't stay indoors. I managed to get all the flower beds raked up and around the trees and playhouse. Now the boys get to pick up the piles. I love how just raking will freshen grass up. I also found several of my tulip bulbs pulled up. ARGG! Some little boys (including friends) were in B.I.G!! trouble. Last fall I planted over 100 bulbs so I am anxious to see them pop into vibrant colors of yellow, red and purple. And last but not least, I finished up the last wall of my living room paint job. I had run out of day and it's taken me several weeks to get back to finish it. Tomarrow I will be able to put my curtains back up. On Friday I plan to start working on the trim. This will take a while but at least it is smaller pieces. I also plan to wash some windows. I have a nice system from Don Asletts to reach my 2nd story windows. It takes longer to remove the screens than to wash the windows. We have a pretty good system down where Dearest hubby gets to remove the screens while I wash. I'm not sure I would ever get them back in to place if I were in charge of the screens. I was going to do this tonight but couldn't stand to come in when the sun was shining so warmly. 
*sigh* 
Ah, it makes my heart smile. I love the change of seasons. And I actually enjoy spring cleaning. I get energized and feel refreshed when I am done. I usually use this time to freshen up paint too.
BTW, have you noticed how much organizing you can get done while you are cooking dinner? The other night I managed to clean 1/2 my cupboards and drawers in my kitchen while waiting for dinner to cook. It was a great feeling to open the silverware drawer and see things neatly in their bins. I managed to toss all the odds and ends tippy cup accessories. We are nearly through with tippy cups then I will have lots more space open up.
So what have you done for your spring cleaning? Got any great tips? Or maybe just some inspiration to get us motiviated!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Come do my yard okay!!!!! I have a week off at the end of the month,so it will be spring cleaning inside and out for me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. I love to hear your thoughts and feelings so go ahead INSPIRE ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails